top of page
GHV IS STOCKED UP &
READY FOR YOUR ORDERS!
REMEMBER TO USE YOUR GHV COUPON CODE "OFF2023"
* 5% DISCOUNT ON *
* TOTAL PRODUCT SALES PRICE *
(Coupon good through 12/31/2023)
* * * AFFILIATES * * *
Contact GHV via text, email, or phone call to take advantage of special AFFILIATE discount.
Reference special coupon code "AFF2023"
* We at GHV strive to keep our prices as low as possible for our customers and we love and greatly appreciate all our loyal customers *
* NEW PRODUCTS
Check out all the new products we now offer for sale!
Myco Supreme Mycorrhizal Fungi
Great White Fungi
Mini Dome Trays
2.35" x 1.87" Black Pots
(great for minis, small gessies)
Cloture Domes (curved)
Dish Garden Shallow Saucers
Garden Shears (several styles)*
* NEWSFLASH *
5" GREEN BULB PANS
We also offer several specialty items such as USB Digital Microscopes, pH Meters, & water reservoirs. Please visit our store for the latest deals & inventory!
* Oyama Planters.... Our supply is dwindling rapidly. Once sold out, we will no longer carry these items. We still have 2.5" white & 4" Terra Cotta. We are out of 3.5" white, with just a few 5" & 6" white remaining.
We thank you for your patience as we process all orders that came in before & after convention.
Our mission at Glenda's House of Violets/Ambrosia Violets is to offer one-stop-shopping to the African violet & other Gesneriads communities.
We proudly offer a large inventory of growing supplies. Check out our store for products you need to grow & show those beautiful, beloved plants!
Check out our nursery pots (all sizes from 2" to 10" & specialty pots), plant grooming tools (the KEWLEST tool inventory around!!), custom-blended growing & propagation soils, fertilizers, soil amendments, trays, domes, water reservoirs, pest/pathogen control products, plant support rings, & other nursery supplies.
* * * STORE HOURS * * *
Physical store location open for appointment-only visits.
Online store is always open for your orders.
Shipping on Mondays & Tuesdays only.
Orders placed by Sunday 6pm are processed for shipping on Monday/Tuesday.
Stay safe & thanks for your business!
* * SCAM ALERT * *Please be sure you are ordering from GHV. Scammers are out there using any opportunity they can find to steal your money. If you have any questions, concerns, or see anything suspicious, please call or email GHV to verify your order arrived safely.
MOBILE SITE ISSUES
GHV is currently experiencing issues with our website format when viewing from your mobile phone.
We are working on a resolution so we thank you in advance for your patience!
Who Are We?
Glenda's House of Violets
Special Links and Presentations!
Glenda Williams opened Glenda's House of Violets in 2017 with a goal of being a one-stop-shop for growing products & supplies for all your African Violet, Other Gesneriads, & many other items you might grow in your garden, home, or office setting.
Glenda is a native Texan, gardening enthusiast, and has grown African Violets (AVs) and Gesneriads since the 1970s. She has a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology from the University of Houston with 42 years in the Information Technology industry including over 26 years of service with the State of Texas. Her affiliations are:
1st Vice President, African Violet Society of America (2023-current);
Former 2nd (2021-2023) & 3rd (2019-2021) Vice President, AVSA;
Former Director, AVSA (2015-2017);
Past President, Lone Star African Violet Council, Texas state AV council (2017-2021);
Past President, Central Texas Judge’s Council (2015-2019)– council of AV judges from southern Texas;
Senior AVSA Judge;
President, Heart of Texas AV Society;
Past Vice-President, First Austin African Violet Society in Austin, TX;
Volunteer Activities where I have given back to my community includes: Texas/Bastrop County Master Gardener; Texas AgriLife Certifications/Special Studies in Plant Health & Diagnostics Education, Entomology, & Greenhouse Management
Contact me via email to discuss volunteer speaking engagements to your local horticulture organizations
Check out my 3 presentations available via the AVSA 2020 Virtual Convention Website:
General Terms & Conditions:
• Creative Solutions (CS)/Glenda's House of Violets (GHV)/Ambrosia Violets is the full name of this company & may be referenced throughout this website as "GHV."
Invoice/Payment Terms & Conditions:
• Payment in full required before orders are shipped or unless special payment arrangements are made.
• Credit/Debit Card payments accepted via PayPal, Wix Payments, QuickBooks Pay, or Apple Pay for online store orders. A PayPal account is not required to use PayPal to pay invoice via the GHV online store. At checkout, select appropriate PayPal option to allow payment via secured PayPal site. Do NOT send credit card information to GHV for payment.
• For Local Pickup Orders, a shipping estimate is not included as part of order submitted (Shipping reflects as $0). GHV will manually generate & send via email DRAFT invoice - INCLUDING shipping charges. DRAFT invoice you receive via email requires your immediate response to approve & to process once payment is made via PayPal, check (pre-approval required by GHV before order can be completed), or cash.
• Buyer is required to approve DRAFT invoice (including correct shipping costs) by responding to GHV email with “Approval to Process” response before order is processed.
• Should GHV be unable to complete an order (e.g. Invalid contact information, invalid shipping address, non-payment, etc), a refund of amount paid will be refunded - less $15 restocking fee - via the payment system used). Incomplete orders will be processed (and refunded, if eligible) after sixty (60) calendar days from date of original order. If total order (including shipping) is < $15, no refund will be issued.
• Inventory is continuously being added to our online store. It is possible some products may not yet be available in the online store. Contact GHV to order products or add additional products to a submitted order. Items can be added either through the online store before order is placed or manually added to your DRAFT invoice before payment is made. Contact GHV for assistance to add additional items, preferably before placing order.
• At the sole discretion of GHV, some invoice amounts may be adjusted to include any order/invoice updates or changes, as well as any negotiated customer discounts.
Shipping Terms & Conditions:
• Customer pays all shipping costs unless specified otherwise.
• No international shipping available.
• Smaller weight & volume orders shipped via United States Postal Service (USPS – www.usps.gov).
• Other shipping services used for heavier & larger volume orders may include: United Parcel Service (UPS – www.ups.com), FedEx (FedEx – www.fedex.com).
• All orders shipped in order of receipt & payment.
• Order must include valid street/road address – PO Boxes not acceptable.
• GHV shipping schedule is Monday & Tuesday. Shipping can be scheduled on other days with agreement between GHV & buyer.
• Shipping costs are based on zip codes & shipping weight.
• Shipping rates are calculated during the Checkout process.
• LOCAL PICKUP ONLY selection during checkout does not pre-calculate or include shipping charges. Buyer will coordinate local pickup or delivery with GHV at the time order is placed.
• Special shipping options are at discretion of GHV.
• Every effort will be made to find lowest shipping rates. Shipping companies continue to raise shipping costs & surcharges so shipping rates are subject to changes at any time.
• GHV reserves right to charge nominal delivery fee for in-person deliveries.
• Buyer reserves right to pre-approve nominal delivery fees prior to completion of order.
Product Terms & Conditions:
• Products listed are for greenhouse use only & not recommended for use in the home. Use in home is at Buyer’s own risk.
• Limitation of Liability: Use products only as directed. Buyer assumes all risks in using & handling products in any way.
• GHV expressly disclaims all implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose & merchantability.
• In no case shall GHV be liable for consequential, special, incidental, or indirect damages resulting from the use or handling of any products sold by GHV.
• Damages from use of these or any other products are expressly limited to replacement of product or refund of purchase price.
• The catalog/inventory list that is available for download from this site supersedes all previously dated catalogs, printed catalogs, & past online listings.
• Due to increasing shipping fuel costs & manufacturing price & availability changes, prices or availability of products is not guaranteed.
Return & Refund Policy:
• Thanks for shopping at Glenda’s House of Violets/Ambrosia Violets! If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we are here to help.
• Previously purchased merchandise must be returned to GHV in order for you to either exchange purchased item for another item (identical or different) or receive store credit.
• Return postage for product returns/exchanges are your responsibility.
• You have thirty (30) calendar days to return an item from the date received.
• You must contact GHV for instructions on how to return items. Returns will not be accepted unless you have first contacted GHV directly (preferably via email or written postmarked letter) & received return instructions.
• To be eligible for a return, item must be:
o Unused, in same condition that you received it;
o In original packaging; &
o Have original receipt or proof of purchase.
• Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will immediately notify you on the status of your exchange/store credit after inspecting the item.
• All postage/shipping costs are nonrefundable.
• Contact GHV to coordinate receipt of a return shipping label for your returns.
• If you have any questions on how to return your item, contact GHV.
GIFT CARD/CERTIFICATE Policy:
• Thanks for your thoughtfulness to purchase a gift card/certificate for someone you care about! This is a great way to share the AV love!
• The gift card/certificate code feature only allows for ONE code per purchase. Contact GHV if multiple codes are needed at checkout.
• Gift card/certificate values are applied to product sales subtotal AND to shipping costs.
• Shipping costs are paid for by customer. Shipping costs noted at checkout are precalculated at the time of order. If customer prefers, actual shipping costs can be recalculated by by using the "Local Pickup/Manual Order" process (see shipping info above). Contact GHV for special assistance with this process.
• As of May 1, 2023, this is a new feature offered by Wix Commerce, so GHV is still "shaking out the bugs & process" with each gift order. As with any new "feature", it is a learning process, so this section may change at any time to reflect what we learn as we process each gift order. We ask for your patience & understanding, as well as your feedback on your experience using the feature. Feedback is important to improving how this feature will work for GHV customers.
• The gift feature is now setup for customers to choose their own denomination. Based on how this works, it may be changed back to specific denominations.
• When a gift is purchased, a card/certificate CODE is generated & should be included as part of your receipt. Be sure to print out this code & provide it to the recipient of your gift.
• The receipt displays purchaser name instead of the gift recipient. We are working on how the gift recipient's name can be entered instead. We hope to have this fixed soon. When it is fixed, this documentation will be updated to reflect the change.
• GHV may decide at a future date to disable this feature should it not be working properly or as needed by GHV customers.
Contact Us to Schedule a Visit Today!
Thank you for visiting our Glenda's House of Violets Online Store.
We look forward to providing you with the best services possible to meet all your growing needs! Please contact us with your questions or if you are interested in any specific products that are not available on this website.
Located about 35 miles east of Austin, TX just off US Highway 290 in McDade, TX.
Store visits by appointment only.
Please complete the following information request & submit. We will respond as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in Glenda's House of Violets!
829 Old Highway 20, Unit B
McDade, TX 78650-5265
bottom of page